op 10" width="300" height="300" srcset="https://i1.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=300%2C300 300w, https://i1.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=150%2C150 150w, https://i1.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=1024%2C1024 1024w, https://i2.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=676%2C676 676w, https://i2.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=50%2C50 50w, https://i2.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?resize=600%2C600 600w, https://i1.wp.com/richardweirich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/top-95717_1280.jpg?w=1280 1280w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />With that in mind, I decided to create a list of my own. What shall it be? My Top 10 Favorite Bosses? Nope. Can’t think of that many. Top 5 Reasons To Eat Brussel Sprouts? Probably not. 7 Sure-Fire Ways To Stop Your Wife From Nagging That Don’t Involve Spending Money? Better leave that one alone.
These verses have had greatest application in my life. In other words, they have proven to be real, not just something I read. Tried, tested, and true.
- For handling life’s trials: The 23d Psalm (All of it) My grandmother made me memorize it. It was her favorite and now I know why.
- How to love: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – The best definition of love ever written.
- For handling your imperfections: 2 Corinthians 12:9 – His “grace is sufficient for all my needs.” Yep. That unmerited favor thing I learned back in Sunday School still applies.
- When you think you’re not good enough: Ephesians 2:8 – “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” If I had to save myself I would have given up a long time ago.
- When you are frightened: Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” He will never give up on me.
- When you have more than you think you can handle: Matthew 11:28 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Been to that amazing place of rest many times.
- When you are worried: Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Here’s the answer to – How to Handle Your Worries? It works.
- How to deal with wicked/difficult people: Romans 12:20,21 – “But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink, for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Burning coals of kindness. Use this technique on the people who cause you harm. They don’t know how to handle it.
- When you need a breakthrough: Luke 11:9 – “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Might take a while, but it definitely works.
- When the devil is giving you fits: James 4:7 – “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” In other words, behave yourself.
- When somebody is out to get you: Isaiah 54:17 – “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper…”
These have been baked in my test kitchen for 60+ years and proven to be 100% effective for dealing with life IN THE VALLEY OF HOPE.